Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Astronaut and Rocket Birthday Card

This card features an Astronaut who just got dropped off at the moon to explore. There are many techniques used in the card, from chalking, faux stitching to foam pop-ups to add dimension. Here's how to recreate...
 
The card base is 9" x 6", scored and folded at 4.5". The card opens upward
 
The cloud mat is 4" x 5.5"
I faux stitched the card base on the edges and edges of mat

I cut the Astronaut and rocket from the B is for Boy cartridge at 3"

I cut a 4” circle for the moon from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, and embossed it with the "spots and dots" cuttlebug folder

I added some gray chalk to moon to make it more realistic and adhered it flat to card in the corner, cut off access moon

I added foam to both the rocket and astronaut, and adhered them to card
I Stamp the “Happy Birthday” sentiment directly to the pattern mat, you could also stamp on a solid colored base and adhere it to the card if your pattern paper is darker.
 
Inside:
Pattern mat is 4" x 5.5" and the white mat is 3.5" x 5"
I chalked the edges of the white mat and adhered it to the mat and then to the card.
I faux stitched the card and mat edges, then stamped the sentiment inside "may all your wishes come true".  To finish it up I added blue dots to the white mat edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment