Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Airplane Birthday Card

This card shows an airplane soaring over the grassy plains with fluffy clouds in the background! I used faux stitching and pop-up foam to add dimension.
 
I used the "B is for Boys" and "Mickey and Friends" cartridges.
 
The card base is 9" x 6", scored and folded at 4.5". The card open upward.
I cut a mat of pattern paper at 4" x 5.5" and adhered it to the card base
I cut the airplane from the B is for Boy cartridge and pieced it together, I saved the star cut outs to use on the inside.
 
I faux stitched the airplane to give it some dimension. I stamped the sentiment in the top right corner right on the mat – you can stamp on a piece of scrap paper if your mat is to dark.
 
I cut grass from the Mickey and Friends cartridge (page 127) at 3” and cut a straight line across the bottom so it would lay straight on the card base. I adhered it to the bottom centering it and cut off the access on each side. I added dark green dots to the grass to give it some dimension and then added dark blue dots to the mat base to make it pop as well.
 
I cut clouds from the Mickey and Friends cartridge (page 127) at .5", .75" & (2) at 1". I added light blue dots to the clouds. I positioned and adhered the clouds above grass not overlapping grass or sentiment.
 
I then added foam to the airplane and adhered it at an angle towards the left side of the card.
 
Inside Mat:
Grass green mat is 4" x 5.5"
Cloud mat is 3.5" x 5"
White mat is  3" x 4.5". I adhered them together and to the card base. Then I adhered the stars left from the airplane to opposite corners.

I stamped the top center with "May all your wishes come true"

This is a cute and fun card any little boy will love.

No comments:

Post a Comment